Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just the Beginning

              I've decided to start a blog. I've always thought it would be a little silly to have a blog for just myself since all of my blogging friends are married and most have children. What in the world will I write about? What I cooked myself for dinner? Which dog toy is Jordyn's favorite this month? I've always thought that I would finally be able to start a blog once I was engaged....at least there would be something interesting to write about. Who doesn't like reading about someone elses wedding planning drama?! I guess you could say that's how I got the name for this blog, "Life...not as I planned it". If you know me then you know very well that I insist on planning every detail of my life. From small events like birthday parties and girls night out to big events like my non-existent wedding. I drive my boyfriend, Eric, absolutely nuts with my obsessive planning. While we were driving in silence one day I asked him "What are you thinking about?". He hesitated then responded with "Nothing. I can turn my brain off, unlike you." He was completely right. I was probably planning out the days events. There is no turning off my brain! It probably drives everyone a little nuts but Eric is the only one that has voiced it. I actually very much enjoy planning most things but I have to admit it's getting pretty old.
            Besides planning events I also plan out my life, even the littlest details. I always thought I would go to college to become a teacher, be married by 21, and have at least one child by 23. Well, I quit college after one semester, I've had the same boyfriend for the last 9+ years, and the only thing I have that's close to a child is my wonderful dog, Jordyn. I should mention that I just celebrated my 25th birthday yesterday. Yup, definitely not as I planned it. I try to remind myself daily that God is the only one that has the RIGHT plan for my life and I need to let Him take control instead of playing tug-a-war with Him. After all, every time I have placed my life in His hands things have always worked out better than I had planned.
             There are some very exciting things that will be happening in my life in the next few months and there is no way any of it would happen if God hadn't taken the reins. I'm trusting Him that after this roller coaster is over I will get off it, stand on both feet, with my hair still perfect, standing even stronger than I was before I got on. Stay tuned!
              

No comments:

Post a Comment