Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year

It has been more than a week since we celebrated the New Year and it seems like just yesterday we were all worried about the world ending on 1/1/2000. In fact, it feels like ever since that New Years Eve all we have been doing is waiting for the next day that has been determined to be the end of the world. Now, of course, I know that only GOD knows when the world will end and I would prefer to leave it as some unknown far away date. Point being, time flies by faster and faster each year I get older.
            2011 was a good year. Some of my closest friends and I started a Bunco group. We held strong the whole year, meeting once every month to eat good food, roll dice, win great prizes, and of course chit chat with the some of the most awesome ladies in Lodi!

(This was our first month...a bit has changed since this picture)

      One of the biggest highlights of 2011 was the birth of the first baby of our group. Ryan and Nicole Kidd welcomed the cutest bundle of Kidd on January 28th! He comes to all of our gatherings, even if its just for a couple of hours, and he is definitely the most popular at any occasion. Every time I see him he gets even cuter!

(Isn't he the cutest?!)

       Another highlight of the year was X-Fest. We had a big group this year and I can't wait to see what X-Fest 2012 will bring.



      It was a big year for my parents who celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. We threw them a surprise "wedding reception" complete with some of our closest friends and family, a limo, and even a wedding cake!



      I should of course also mention that I ran my first 5K! Okay, so I ran/walked but at least I made an effort! I have to blame this one on Jacci and Nicole. Jacci was our motivation and Nicole is the one that roped us all in! Nicole's sister, Kim, put on the first annual Ignite the Fight 5K in Chico and it was quite the success. I'm glad I participated but this might be the only 5K I will attempt every year.



       A big decision was made in 2011. At 25 I decided, or should I say God decided, that I should return to school to become a registered nurse. I moved back in with my parents at the end of the year and in about a week I start this crazy adventure.
       We ended the year with a bang! 3 of the girls in our Bunco group got engaged. Gina, Megan, and Katie. With Kat, who got engaged earlier in the year, that makes 4 of our players "Brides to Be".  I am so excited for all 4 of them and can't wait for the wedding planning to begin!

      2012. Where should I start? This will be a year to remember! I am going to be an AUNTIE!!!! James and Jacci are expecting their first baby in July. I sure hope he/she gets more of Jacci's genes ;) ! Although James was a very cute kid with those blonde curls! I am very excited to spoil my niece or nephew.


     We will be continuing our Bunco group and we are starting the year off great with a FULL group of 12 players! We have decided to make every month themed so it should be interesting to see what everyone will come up with.
      As I mentioned, I will be starting school and with that means that I will be working part time. I have worked since I was 16 (a real job) and have worked full time since I was 18. I am very accustomed to having my own money, and enough of it to have fun. This whole part time business will be very hard to get used to money wise but I'm pretty excited to be away from work 2 out of the 5 days of the week. This year will definitely be a humbling year.
        Another friend of mine, Beth, is also expecting a child. This will be her third. She has one girl and one boy and we are hoping for twins this time around! She wants twins because her and her husband think it would be tons of fun! I, on the other hand, want her to have twins because what are the chances that both, her and I, would have twins? And I am one person who dreads the possibility of having twins. One crying, hungry, dirty diapered bundle of joy is plenty for me! Multiply that by two and a crying, hungry, dirty diapered bundle of joy becomes two opposite scheduled nightmares! I know, I know...just for this the good Lord will "bless" me with twins....or worse! So you go for it Beth!!! I'm praying for those twins!!!
        Wow....I just realized that this year Eric and I will celebrate our TEN year "dating" anniversary. That's a little crazy if you ask me!!!
        I'm sure I have left out many memories and upcoming memory makers but I think this is enough for my first blog of 2012. I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and healthy 2012!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Christina! We have such an amazing group of friends! I'm sure 2012 will be good to you!

    ReplyDelete